Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My story condensed

So to make a really long story short, my uterus and I have never seen eye to eye. It wants one thing, I want something different, so needless to say it's been a long, arduous relationship. Since becoming my best and worst frenemy, it's plotted to thwart my conception plans from day one. From becoming allies with my ovaries, to coaxing my usually neutral fallopian tubes to get in on the action, it's been a struggle to get knocked up. First came the ectopic pregnancy, then the miscarriages, yadda, yadda, yadda. It took us 1 1/2 years to get our first son, and now we're back on the baby-making band wagon trying to trek our way through the always changing, treacherous roads of the Oregon Trail they call conception. If only I had my own Sacajawea to guide me through pills, tests and medical jargon that make up this crazy world of infertility! So here I am, documenting my findings on our journey. It could be good, it could be bad, I'm not making any promises! All I know is that it helps me to know that there are others out there that struggle with it too! Our community is actually quite large! So please feel free to read my blabber and share your own!
"Did we just become best friends?"
"Yup!"

1 comment:

  1. Well...Alli and I know all to well about this tough process. After a year of trying we started testing. Found out my swimmers werent't the greatest and the only option for us would be IVF. Then when we got to the mock IVF stage for Alli, we found out she had high FSH and poor egg quality. We were then taken to a pannel of doctors to decide what our chances were to conceive even with IVF. They gave us "maybe 5%". I believe that was the statement. We both still feel that we will have a child of our own someday, but for now we have started down the path of adoption.
    It really is crazy how many people struggle with this. I am glad that you are open about it and willing to share.

    ReplyDelete